Monday, August 16, 2010

Totally 4 Troops

I have some exciting news!  I met a very fun and friendly mother and daughter at a craft show my sister and I did last week.  They told me about an organization called Totally 4 Troops that makes cards and ships them over to troops away from home so they have something special to mail back home to their loved ones.  I loved the idea and wanted to get involved.  I've been contemplating how to do this and I believe I have come up with the answer - and I'm very excited to tell you about it!

Starting now, each month I'll create a card using the specifications given by the organization (you can click here to check out their website).  For 3 months I'll be collecting supplies (by the way of orders) or cash/check donations.  All orders or donations will strictly go to the cause and will be kept separate from my own supplies.  I'll list the supply items that I'm in need of each month and you may add supplies to your order, order them separately, or provide a cash/check donation for me to use to purchase the needed supplies.  If you choose to order supplies for this cause, you will receive free shipping on your total order as a thank you!

Starting in January (I had to stretch out this first quarter), I'll hold a grand card making night where you can all come and help make the cards using the donated supplies.  So at each card making night there will be 3 different cards to make.... but hopefully hundreds of those 3 designs! 

I'm so excited to be getting involved in this good cause and I hope you are too!  Please help me thank those that are serving our nation by participating in this small act of kindness and gratitude.  There's nothing like receiving a card to help lift spirits, don't you think?!

Here is the first card we'll be making.  It's one we're making at stampo this week so for those that are attending stampo you can have one all for yourself as well!


The supplies needed for this card are:

*White Card Stock $8.50
*Daffodil Delight Card Stock $6.95
*Cherry Cobbler Card Stock $6.95
*Marina Mist Card Stock $6.95
*Dimensionals $3.95
*Glue Sticks $3.95

I'll be collecting supplies for this project through November, however, next month I'll have a different card that will need supplies purchased for.  I'll keep you posted of supplies still needed as time goes on.  

Again, thank you so much for helping with this!  Please email me if you have any questions!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! Will you email me as the date to make cards gets closer? I'll bring some cash to Scouts...

    ReplyDelete